Monday, April 06, 2009

Milestone

Today we reach 30 weeks pregnant... last April during this time, I was so worried of the number 30 (turned 30 yrs old) and this April I'm so happy to see that number at last. Months ago, 30 weeks was a milestone I really didn't think we'd make it to so it has been a good day however, we still have a ways to go and I'm hoping we keep going and going and get as close to the full term 40 weeks as we can. *Fingers crossed*

Last ultrasound a week ago, we learned that our little one was breech... this explained *so* much to me. Originally I was feeling a lot of dancing around my belly button and then all of a sudden my bladder was constantly being used as a punching bag so I was confused as to how a little head/hands could be doing that damage? So the "breech" thing explained a lot. It was feet on my bladder! In the last week though, our little one has been flipping around like mad so it's tricky keeping track of the position. I will feel comfortable and non-breech for a night and then the next day, ow bladder kicks and nothing above the belly button. So it's confusing keeping track.... tends to always come back to breech positioning lately though so we'll see what happens. My mom had a breech baby and the OB said it could potentially mean I will have one too. (Not sure if that is accurate or not but that's what he said!)

Busier - Lately, things have felt busier as we make decisions on things: cord blood banking, crib, glider, stroller, etc. etc. etc. It seems like the list goes on and on and on! Constant research and constant decisions. Its getting a little overwhelming at times with the whole house renovation as well and then Owen got sick the other day and I was up all night with him worried he was going to die like Marley in the movie Marley & Me. Beware when you watch this movie - it will make you smother your dog with love and be a little overprotective. Owen threw up and recovered quite quickly though - phewf! (Owen has digestive problems in general so it is a constant issue for him.)

Apparently in your third trimester you're supposed to feel like crap and really tired but honestly, I've been feeling better lately because I had so many complications in the first 2 trimesters. We'll see how things continue though!

1 comments:

Rachael said...

That's great Mer!!! When do we get to see some cute "belly" pics? :) :)