Saturday, April 04, 2009

Finished, Started & Currently Working On

I've recently finished up....

Book: A Great & Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. This is the 1st book of her trilogy set and I really enjoyed it but it was shorter than I thought it was going to be. Good read though! (I actually heard of this book from Girl From Florida a while back... you can read her review here.)

Flick: Marley & Me. Saddest movie ending EVER. Phewf! Great flick though. I actually bought the book about a year ago and lost it during the move... it is all packed away in my stuff somewhere.

Flick: Twilight. I enjoyed this flick - entertaining enough yet it somehow made me miss Keifer in The Lost Boys. Twilight was just a little blah at times... aka. boring... but overall, it was pretty entertaining. I think I would have enjoyed it 10x more back when I was a teenager.


Flick: Slumdog Millionaire. A+... very cool flick as it was not only a cool plot but very visually appealing with good music.

Flick: Changeling. This flick kept me wondering the whole time - awesome story.

Flick: Miracle at St. Anna. Loved this story! It was long so I think I actually took a break during it but I thought it was a great flick for a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Recent flicks that made me go.. eck:
1. Rachel Getting Married
2. Australia
3. Baby Mama
4. Pineapple Express
5. The Happening
6. Milk
7. Nick & Norah's Infinet Playlist
8. The Rocker

Just Started: The book, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer:

Currently Working On: The latest April 2009 issue of Canadian House & Home:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the Libba Bray book. I thought the last was the best (my sister is currently reading it). I haven't watched Marley and Me, but I'm hesitant because I know it's so sad (our black lab lives with my in laws now and puppy stories make me unreasonably emotional these days!)

Unknown said...

PS. How's the pregnancy going? Are you enjoying this time?

mer said...

The ending of Marley & Me was probably the saddest movie ending I have ever watched... but being a dog person, I'm not surprised I felt that way. I just don't think I could ever watch that ending again! The rest of the movie was so hilarious though.

The pregnancy seems to be going well now. 30 weeks along so we're getting there! I'm hoping the not to go too early so still trying to take it easy. Little one was breech at our last ultrasound and seems to like flipping around and eventually coming back to a breech position constantly kicking my bladder (ow) so I'm not sure if s/he will flip head down or not. Another ultrasound in a couple of weeks to check in and see and then discuss c-section if no head down positioning has occurred by then.